(Singapore) How do I sign up for a paid subscription using your iOS device?
Available Payment Options:
- iOS in-app purchase
- Credit Card
- Google Play - available only on Android
- Singtel Prepaid
- Singtel Mobile Postpaid, Broadband, and TV
- meWATCH (previously Toggle)
If you'd like to know more about the price, click here for more details. Ready to subscribe? Check out the info below. :)
To pay via iOS in-app purchase:
- Make sure you're connected to the internet, and then open the HOOQ app.
- Select "Log In" on the upper right corner.
- Tap "Sign up" at the bottom of the screen.
- To sign up using your mobile number:
- Tap the down arrow then select your country code.
- Enter your mobile number in the specified box.
- Tap “Done”.
- Select “YES” to confirm that you entered the right mobile number.
- You’ll receive a 6-digit OTP verification code via text message.
- If you don't receive a code within a few minutes, tap "Resend Code".
- Enter the verification code, then hit “Next”.
- Enter your email address and then tap “Start your trial now”.
- To sign up using your email address:
- Select “Skip”.
- Enter your email address in the field provided.
- Tap “Start your trial now”.
- Open your inbox, look for the email from HOOQ then confirm your email address.
- If you don’t receive the email within a few minutes, tap “Resend Email”.
- Go back to the HOOQ app, then tap “I have verified”.
- Once you’re on the Discover page, tap on the “ME” icon at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select “Subscription”, then tap “Subscribe to watch”.
- Select "See all plans" to view all the plans or prices (including benefits).
- Tap "Buy Now" to choose the package that you prefer.
- If this is your first time to subscribe, you can get a 30-day free trial as long as you're willing to set up your payment details upfront. Note that the free trial can only be redeemed once per Apple ID, and you will be charged once your trial period expires.
- Make sure that your iTunes credentials/payment details are entered, then tap “Confirm”.
- You need your iOS in-app purchases enabled for the payment to push through. Click here to know what to do if you get a message that in-app purchases are not allowed.
- This will be charged towards the payment method you set up for your Apple ID/iTunes account. Please ensure that you’re using an iTunes account that's local to your country of registration. You’ll be prompted to switch to a local iTunes account if you’re not using one.
- Follow the prompts until you get a confirmation that your payment is successful.
You'll need to process the payment using an Android device or a computer (Google Play's only available on Android). Please click on the device you'll be using and then follow the steps:
You may subscribe by purchasing an eligible Singtel Prepaid Data Plan. You can purchase the plans via hi!Account, *100# or *363.
You may add HOOQ as a value-added service to be charged on top of your Singtel bill.
* To know more about how you can get HOOQ'd through Singtel, you may contact them through the following channels:
- via Chat - https://info.singtel.com/faq-contact-us - There will be a pop-up to chat with a Singtel representative
- via Email - https://info.singtel.com/faq-contact-us - Email tab
- via Twitter - https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport/lists/singtel-customer-care/members
- via Facebook - www.facebook.com/singtel
- via Hotline:
- Hi!Card & Prepaid Broadband on Mobile
- Tel: 1800 482 2800
- From overseas: +65 64822800
- Postpaid Mobile, Broadband on Mobile, TV
- Tel: 1688
- From overseas: +65 6235 1688
- Hi!Card & Prepaid Broadband on Mobile
You can sign up via the Grab app and get a 60-day free trial if you are using Android. Once the 60-day free trial ends, it would automatically renew to a 30-day recurring subscription at $7.98 per month. Lapsed users, who already got the free trial, can get a monthly plan at $7.90 per month.
If you are using iOS, you can log in to (or subscribe via) the HOOQ app to watch our premium content.
Click here to subscribe and watch HOOQ content directly from meWATCH.
Already have a HOOQ account? You'll simply need to renew your subscription.
Note: If you're currently subscribed to a partner plan, you won't be able to purchase another partner plan unless you use a different mobile number/email to sign up a new account.
Did you find this article helpful?