(Computer) I’m getting a message, “This title is not available for streaming in your region.” What should I do?
First, you may want to try rebooting your modem/router to refresh your connection. Here's how if you need it:
- Turn off the modem/router by unplugging it from the power outlet.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Turn on the modem/router by plugging it back in.
If this doesn’t work, then some settings on your computer may be causing this. It's most likely that VPN or proxy settings are enabled on your computer. Read on to learn how these settings affect your HOOQ experience and how you can get back to binge-watching! :)
You may have connected to the internet using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), which allows you to securely access a private network and share data remotely through public networks. Much like a firewall protects your data on your computer, VPN protects you from hackers and malware. VPN can mask your IP address and make it appear that you are using HOOQ in a different region or country.
If you have successfully connected to a VPN, a new or different IP address will show when you check the VPN client.
How do I disable/remove VPN?
- Select Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Select Network and Internet, then select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- Select the VPN Connection, right click then select Disconnect.
- Select the Apple menu icon on the top left of the desktop.
- Select System Preferences, then choose Network.
- Select the VPN connection on the left pane of the Network window.
- Select Disconnect.
Your location can be determined not just by your computer’s IP address but also with the date and time settings. If your computer’s date and time settings don’t match with your region’s settings, you will not be able to stream or download movies and TV shows on HOOQ.
How do I set the date and time on my computer?
- Click on the Date/Time display on the taskbar.
- Select Change Date and Time Settings.
- Under the Date and Time tab, click the Change date and time button, make your adjustments, then click OK.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Date & Time.
- Click Date & Time, then set the date and time automatically or manually.
- Automatically: Select “Set date and time automatically,” then choose the network time server for your region.
- Manually: Deselect “Set date and time automatically,” click today’s date on the calendar, drag the clock’s hands to show the correct time (or enter the time), then click Save.
- Select Save.
Please click here if you also need to manually set your computer’s time zone. :)
If the steps above didn't work for you, please shoot us an email and send it to email@example.com or click here.
Note: If you have enabled DNS Settings (e.g. Getflix DNS), you may want to update/disable it as well (click here for the steps).
Did you find this article helpful?