How to update Opera on my computer?
- By default, will automatically check for updates, and notify you if an update is available.
- If you see an update prompt, click the "Update Opera" button.
- The newest version will download and install on your computer.
- You may need to exit Opera, and re-launch it, in order for the update to take effect.
- To update Opera web browser manually, click the Opera button at the top of your browser window.
- Click "About Opera".
- Opera will check to see if an update to your current version is available. You should see "Checking for updates…".
- If your browser is updated, that message will be replaced with "Opera is up to date".
- If an update is available, it will begin to download. You will see the download progress display as a percentage in the window.
- After completion of the download and installation, a prompt to restart Opera may display. If needed, exit Opera, then relaunch it, or click the "Relaunch Now" button.
- If the update to Opera was successful, and the installation is current, you will see "Opera is up to display as a result.
Did you find this article helpful?