(Singapore) How do I sign up for a paid subscription using your iOS device?
Available Payment Options:
- iOS in-app purchase
- Credit Card
- Google Play - available only on Android
- Singtel Prepaid
- Singtel Mobile Postpaid, Broadband, and TV
If you'd like to know more about the price, click here for more details. Ready to subscribe? Check out the info below. :)
To pay via iOS in-app purchase:
- Make sure you're connected to the internet, and then open the HOOQ app.
- Select "Log In" on the upper right corner.
- Tap "Sign up" at the bottom of the screen.
- To sign up using your mobile number:
- Tap the down arrow then select your country code.
- Enter your mobile number in the specified box.
- Tap “Done”.
- Select “YES” to confirm that you entered the right mobile number.
- You’ll receive a 6-digit OTP verification code via text message.
- If you don't receive a code within a few minutes, tap "Resend Code".
- Enter the verification code, then hit “Next”.
- Enter your email address and then tap “Start your trial now”.
- To sign up using your email address:
- Select “Skip”.
- Enter your email address in the field provided.
- Tap “Start your trial now”.
- Open your inbox, look for the email from HOOQ then confirm your email address.
- If you don’t receive the email within a few minutes, tap “Resend Email”.
- Go back to the HOOQ app, then tap “I have verified”.
- Once you’re on the Discover page, tap on the “ME” icon at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select “Subscription”, then tap “Subscribe now”.
- Scroll down to view the available subscriptions (based on length and price), then choose the plan that you prefer.
- If this is your first time to subscribe, you can get a 30-day free trial as long as you're willing to set up your payment details upfront. Note that you will be charged once your trial period expires.
- Make sure that your iTunes credentials/payment details are entered, then tap “Confirm”.
- You need your iOS in-app purchases enabled for the payment to push through. Click here to know what to do if you get a message that in-app purchases are not allowed.
- This will be charged towards the payment method you set up for your Apple ID/iTunes account. Please ensure that you’re using an iTunes account that's local to your country of registration. You’ll be prompted to switch to a local iTunes account if you’re not using one.
- Follow the prompts until you get a confirmation that your payment is successful.
You'll need to process the payment using an Android device or a computer (Google Play's only available on Android). Please click on the device you'll be using and then follow the steps:
You may subscribe by purchasing an eligible Singtel Prepaid Data Plan. You can purchase the plans via hi!Account, *100# or *363.
You may add HOOQ as a value-added service to be charged on top of your Singtel bill.
* To know more about how you can get HOOQ'd through Singtel, you may contact them through the following channels:
- via Chat - https://info.singtel.com/faq-contact-us - There will be a pop-up to chat with a Singtel representative
- via Email - https://info.singtel.com/faq-contact-us - Email tab
- via Twitter - https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport/lists/singtel-customer-care/members
- via Facebook - www.facebook.com/singtel
- via Hotline:
- Hi!Card & Prepaid Broadband on Mobile
- Tel: 1800 482 2800
- From overseas: +65 64822800
- Postpaid Mobile, Broadband on Mobile, TV
- Tel: 1688
- From overseas: +65 6235 1688
- Hi!Card & Prepaid Broadband on Mobile
You can sign up via the Grab app and get a 60-day free trial if you are using Android. Once the 60-day free trial ends, it would automatically renew to a 30-day recurring subscription at $7.98 per month. Lapsed users, who already got the free trial, can get a monthly plan at $7.90 per month.
If you are using iOS, you can log in to (or subscribe via) the HOOQ app to watch our premium content.
Already have a HOOQ account? You'll simply need to renew your subscription.
Note: If you're currently subscribed to a partner plan, you won't be able to purchase another partner plan unless you use a different mobile number/email to sign up a new account.
Did you find this article helpful?