How to manually set your computer’s time zone?
- Click on the clock located at the lower right corner of your screen (taskbar).
- A small pop-up window will appear, showing the clock and the calendar - click on the link that says "Change date and time settings..." at the bottom.
- Another pop-up window will appear, which will show the clock and the time zone your PC's set to.
- Please make sure that your time zone is set to:
- (UTC +08:00) Kuala Lumpur, Singapore (If you're in the Philippines)
- (UTC +05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi (If you're in India)
- (UTC +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta (If you're in Thailand).
- If your time zone isn't set properly, click on "Change time zone...".
- Another pop-up window will appear - select the proper time zone by clicking the drop-down menu, and then click "OK".
- Click on the Apple menu on the top left of your screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Choose the Date & Time panel.
- Click on the Time Zone tab. A world map will appear.
- Validate if the Time Zone is correct.
- To make changes, click the lock at the lower left portion. The system will ask you to enter your username and password. Input the data in the required fields.
- To select a time zone, click the map near your location and choose a city from the Closest City menu.
- You can also have the time zone change automatically, if possible, based on your current location. Do this by checking the box next to "Set time zone automatically using current location"
- Click the lock again to prevent further changes.
Did you find this article helpful?