How do I check if my computer is connected to a proxy server?
If you’re getting a message that you’re outside your country of registration when you try to watch a movie/TV show on HOOQ, please check your computer’s internet properties and make sure that you’re not connected to a proxy server.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the menu button at the top-right side of the screen (three horizontal lines).
- Select “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then click “Show advanced settings”.
- Under “Network”, click “Change proxy settings”.
- In the Internet Properties window that will pop up, click “LAN settings”.
- If “Use a proxy server for your LAN” is checked, and if there are digits on the address box below it, then you’re connected to a proxy server. Make sure to uncheck the said box, then click the “OK” button.
- Going back to the Internet Properties window, click the “OK” button to save the changes.
- Quit all Google Chrome windows, then re-launch it, so that the changes will take effect.
Did you find this article helpful?